From my observations, I have realized that with particle systems of OpenFrameworks one can create great pieces of art with code. I learned a basic particle system and then proceeded to add randomness of color and a few other factors relating to mouse interactions to build this random piece of creative code. This is inspired by ‘Magic’ by the Evil Queen from Once Upon a Time. Apart from defining the setup and main functions, the components are:
- Defining the particle system header and action code files.
- Adding a lifespan until the particles fade
- Creating a class of particles and instantiating them into objects, and adding vectors of motion to each object, within the class.
- Adding a feel of “wind” by interaction with the mouse movement.
- Add randomness to each color with each particle generation.